- Diese Jobs könnten auch interessant sein:
We're a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today’s pioneers, that’s exactly why there’s no place on Earth they’d rather build than Amazon.
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission “to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices.” This goal continues today, but Amazon’s customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, Amazon has been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers – from the second an order is placed online, to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. This can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams’ band together, roll up their sleeves, and are not content with just standing still. We are aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth.
Job ID: 1631349 | Amazon Deutschland Trans GmbH
The Operations Manager supports the Site Leader in leading a direct and indirect workforce to delivery customer satisfaction via a range of pre-defined metrics. The role is responsible for assisting in the management of a site to achieve the volume, quality, and cost goals in the strategic plan. The overriding goal is to maximize customer satisfaction and through this long term shareholder value.
The Operations Manager will lead a team of Shift Supervisors, coaching and mentoring the team to ensure that performance objectives are met and building positive employee relations and bench strength for the organization. The successful candidate will continuously improve the efficiency of all relevant processes and instill a culture of customer obsession, safety, and best-practice sharing.
- Supporting the Delivery Station Manager and capable of taking over those leadership and management responsibilities in his absence.
- Lead a core group of high achieving shift managers and supervisors to maximize their team’s output and ability to meet exacting targets within a very fast-paced/time-critical and demanding environment.
- Enhances day-to-day integration with multiple Service Providers and Associates, using respective metrics to reduce operational risk and improve the efficient delivery to the customer.
- Managing and driving the manpower demand plans, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives in order to continually improve output in a sustainable manner.
- Mentor the management team, lead the workforce and be capable of identifying and developing talent.
- Able to proactively find solutions, develop new processes and lead change management in a safe and sustainable way.
- Able to inspire a customer-focused culture within our workforce and partners, in order to improve our delivery service and the overall customer experience.
- Develop a strong Health and Safety ethos across our operations. Ensure site practices are compliant with legislation and policy through effective monitoring, auditing and reviewing of practices on site. Maintain excellent 5s and FSI audit results and manage with the self-audit process
- Participate in cross-functional Process and Business Improvement projects within the operation and the broader Amazon EU Operations network.
- Experienced in working as a manager in the logistic/transportation industry and possess expertise and a solid understanding of carrier operations.
- A people person, able to inspire others and maintain morale.
- A self-starter can work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Able to problem solve using deep dive analysis and develop and manage projects to completion.
- Strong in your oral and written communication skills, with an ability to influence through careful and well-structured argument.
- Able and willing to work to flexible schedules/ shifts and commit the time required to get the job done.
- Excel trained with an ability to utilize and manipulate multiple data sources in order to assess performance.
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is required.
- Ideally you will have experience of lean manufacturing techniques/six sigma
- Ideally you will have experience of managing 3rd party contract resource arrangements